1. Hours of service
All software customers receive remote support during office hours as part of their licensing agreement, via telephone or web ticket. Out of hours cover is available on request for an additional fee. Office hours are defined as 9am to 5pm Monday to Friday excluding UK public holidays. Support requests made outside of these hours will be billed for on the ad-hoc support rate as above, unless an out of hours support contract is in place.
2. Response times
Within the hours of service outlined above, we endeavour to respond to urgent support tickets within 1 hour. Tickets deemed urgent are those stopping you from trading. Such tickets are referred to as Priority 1. Any delays in responding greater than 1 hour will result in a credit equivalent to 20% of your monthly support fee for the first and each additional hour that you have to wait for our initial response. Please note that response does not necessarily mean fix, resolution of a problem depends on many factors including the nature of the problem itself, we will discuss with you the required steps to resolve your issue when you make contact with us.
3. Service inclusions
The following scenarios are explicitly included within your service contract, and there will be no charge for supporting you remotely in these instances other than your agreed monthly or annual fee for support:
- Software bug – defective code leads to an issue, which renders all or part of the system unusable.
- Hardware fault – any issue relating to any hardware still under warranty ONLY if purchased through Tengo Software.
- General fault finding – helping operators identify the cause of a problem relating to software and/or hardware purchased through Tengo Software. (for example, identifying printer jam, incorrect button press etc.). Fault finding is only covered if the cause of the fault is related to software or hardware supplied by Tengo Software (as long as the troubleshooting guide has been followed meaning you are unable to resolve the issue in house).
4. Service exclusions
Any scenarios in which we are contacted that do not fall under any of the points in section 3 above will be charged for at our standard rates as outlined above. These include but are not restricted to the following examples:
- Any fault with software and/or hardware NOT provided by Tengo Software.
- If hardware we’ve supplied is outside of warranty, or you have been warned/advised it is defective and in need of upgrade/repair, issues caused as a result of you not replacing/repairing the hardware as advised will be chargeable.
- User training.
- System configuration, price updates, changes etc.
- Any fault caused by your negligence – e.g. physical damage, manual deletion/corruption of data by your operatives.
- Any issue caused by your environment, infrastructure or third party intervention – e.g. power cuts, issues with your internet connection or internal network, flood, fire, theft.
Categorisation of faults into service inclusions and exclusions will be made by Tengo Software.
Where a hardware fault falls under warranty, the item(s) are to be returned to Tengo Software for evaluation and repair/replacement. Next day on-site exchange for some hardware is available at an additional cost negotiated on a per-client basis, please contact Tengo Software to find out more. Any hardware returned to Tengo Software, is to be returned at the cost of the customer unless otherwise agreed, in writing, prior to the return of the item(s). Any site visits to repair/replace equipment if requested would be chargeable unless otherwise agreed, in writing, prior to the visit(s). Standard warranty on new equipment purchased after 1st September 2018 is 3 years, extended warranty and on-site cover can be added for an additional fee, negotiated on a per-client basis.
6. Additional charges
Subject to the conditions outlined above, any additional time spent by Tengo Software staff is chargeable unless they fall under the service inclusions in point 3. Any call out to site for any reason is chargeable, at the standard rates plus expenses. Full details of our charges and rates can be found in the schedules of rates section above.