1. Hours of service
All software customers receive remote support during office hours as part of their licensing agreement, via telephone or web ticket. Office hours are defined as 9.00am to 5.00pm Monday to Friday excluding UK public holidays, and excluding the Christmas shut-down period (differing each year, schedule is sent to all clients in advance). Support requests received out of hours by customers will not be dealt with until office hours resume. On-site maintenance including out of hours cover is available separately and has a separate SLA.
2. Response times
Within the hours of service outlined above, we endeavour to respond to urgent support tickets within 1 hour. Tickets deemed urgent are those stopping you from trading. Such tickets are referred to as Priority 1. Any delays in responding to priority 1 tickets greater than 1 hour will result in a credit equivalent to 20% of your monthly support fee, if you are paying for support, per ticket. Please note that response does not necessarily mean fix, resolution of a problem depends on many factors including the nature of the problem itself, we will discuss with you the required steps to resolve your issue when you make contact with us. We endeavour to deal with non priority 1 tickets within 2 working days.
3. Service inclusions
The following scenarios are explicitly included within your service contract, and there will be no charge for supporting you remotely in these instances other than your agreed monthly or annual fee for support:
- Software bug – defective code leads to an issue, which renders all or part of the system unusable.
- Hardware fault – any issue relating to any hardware still under warranty ONLY if purchased through Tengo Software.
- General fault finding – helping operators identify the cause of a problem relating to software and/or hardware purchased through Tengo Software. (for example, identifying printer jam, incorrect button press etc.). Fault finding is only covered if the cause of the fault is related to software or hardware supplied by Tengo Software (as long as the troubleshooting guide has been followed meaning you are unable to resolve the issue in house).
Any ticket raised for something that doesn’t fall under service inclusion will result in a £30 ‘outside of scope of contract’ fee, plus the time spent in 15 minute increments at our standard hourly rate. In addition, this fee will also be charged if a ticket is flagged as priority 1, but should not have been, i.e. you were still able to trade.
4. Service exclusions
Any scenarios in which we are contacted that do not fall under any of the points in section 3 above will be charged for at our standard rates as outlined above. These include but are not restricted to the following examples:
- Any fault with software and/or hardware NOT provided by Tengo Software.
- If hardware we’ve supplied is outside of warranty, or you have been warned/advised it is defective and in need of upgrade/repair, issues caused as a result of you not replacing/repairing the hardware as advised will be chargeable.
- User training.
- System configuration, price updates, changes etc.
- Any fault caused by your negligence – e.g. physical damage, manual deletion/corruption of data by your operatives.
- Any issue caused by your environment, infrastructure or third party intervention – e.g. power cuts, issues with your internet connection or internal network, flood, fire, theft.
- Any issue caused by you having the machine switched off – machines should be left on at all times so they receive updates and maintenance from us out of hours.
- A repeat ticket – i.e. if you submit a second ticket for the same issue. Once a ticket is submitted, please await a reply, do not chase a response if you are still within our standard response times.
Categorisation of faults into service inclusions and exclusions will be made by Tengo Software.
Any ticket raised for something listed under service exclusions will result in a £30 ‘outside of scope of contract’ fee, plus the time spent in 15 minute increments at our standard hourly rate. In addition, this fee will also be charged if a ticket is flagged as priority 1, but should not have been, i.e. you were still able to trade.
Where a hardware fault falls under warranty, the item(s) are to be returned to Tengo Software for evaluation and repair/replacement. Next day on-site exchange for some hardware is available at an additional cost negotiated on a per-client basis, please contact Tengo Software to find out more. Any hardware returned to Tengo Software, is to be returned at the cost of the customer unless otherwise agreed, in writing, prior to the return of the item(s). Any site visits to repair/replace equipment if requested would be chargeable unless otherwise agreed, in writing, prior to the visit(s). Standard warranty on new equipment purchased after 1st September 2018 is 5 years, extended warranty and on-site cover can be added for an additional fee, negotiated on a per-client basis. Equipment purchased prior to 1st September 2018 will hgave had a 12 month warranty. Warranty is invalidated if any third-party hardware or software not provided by Tengo Software is installed. If no fault is found, or if warranty is not accepted, the customer must cover all associated costs for any inspections fees, labour fees, and carriage fees in returning the item.
6. Additional charges
Subject to the conditions outlined above, any additional time spent by Tengo Software staff is chargeable unless they fall under the service inclusions in point 3. Any call out to site for any reason is chargeable, at the standard rates plus expenses. Full details of our charges and rates can be found here.