If for any reason your till is not running the correct software version, you will need to exit the software and wait for the update to download. You will know if the version is wrong if you have been told by us that a version has been release to you and were asked to update.
Steps to follow:
- To exit tengoPOS (type \\EXIT and press enter if you are an administrator, and wait for the tengoPOS window to disappear), and then do a normal windows shut-down (start menu, power icon, shut down). Full guide on doing this here.
- Ensure Dropbox is up-to-date – you’ll find the Dropbox icon in the system tray near the clock (bottom right of the screen). When it is up-to-date, the icon will show as per the picture below – it will then be safe to run tengoPOS.
- If the icon shows as below, then this means Dropbox is downloading a new version of the software – please do not try to run tengoPOS at this point, as it will cause issues. Wait until the download has finished and Dropbox is up-to-date, as above, before running tengoPOS.
- If the Dropbox icon doesn’t show in the system tray at all, or it takes longer than 10 minutes to finish synching, then you can try rebooting the machine again.
- Once Dropbox shows up-to-date, tengoPOS will be on the correct version.